|Space Coast Dance Club Code of Conduct
Space Coast Dance Club mailing address is:
Space Coast Dance Club
7777 N. Wickham Road Ste 12-701
Melbourne, FL 32940
Space Coast Dance Club telephones:
Harry Mashburn, President
(828)712-2631 Voice or Text
Ron Smith, Event Committee
(202)664-0707 Voice or Text
Facebook: Space Coast Dance Club
2019 SCDC Board
Harry Mashburn - President
Anita Dukes - Vice President
Hoot Wiseman - Treasurer
Eric Franke - Secretary
• Teaching on the social dance floor is not appropriate. Even so called "friendly advice" regarding another's
dancing can be hurtful.
• Standing and talking on the dance floor takes away valuable dance space. Please socialize off the floor.
• Be considerate of other dancers. Remember, West Coast Swing is considered a slotted dance and that we
all need to share the floor.
• It is important to try and stay in your own dance space and take smaller steps when necessary, especially
when the floor is full.
• Dancing brings us into others' personal space; we all need to be aware of our personal hygiene.
• To avoid hurt feelings, if you refuse a dance for any reason, avoid accepting another invitation during the
• Flirtation is a part of dancing, but sexually suggestive dancing is bad form.
• Dress appropriately with a reasonable level of decorum.
• Please bus your table and do not create additional work for our wonderful volunteers.
• When you have concerns, criticism or suggestions, please refrain from expressing these items directly
toward other Club members, guests, guest dance instructors or guest DJ's at our Club. We are all emissaries
of our goal of Good Will and request that these items be directed solely toward members of the Board of
Directors so that they may be handled properly and within the policies of our Club and good taste.